Skip to main content

Week of the Young Child 2013

This last week was National Week of the Young Child. To celebrate, the Ryan Jury Center (Augie's school) scheduled fun dress up days, hosted different events for the kids (including a talent show and a parade) and collected items needed for an area shelter. Last year's celebration was great. Augie was the new kid at school, having just started daycare a few weeks earlier at the ripe old age of 3 months. Now, at 15 months old, we dressed him up and turned him loose to express himself in his own Augie way.

Monday-Crazy Hair and Sock Day
Augie ended up being my little punk kiddo this day-faux hawk, skinny tie and funky socks. Man he's cute.



Tuesday-Cowboy Day 
Augie sort of looked more like a farmer than a cowboy. Cowboy is hard to do for a wee man like Augie. At the end of the day Augie brought home a picture of himself in on a horse (horse jumparoo), wearing a neck bandanna and a cowboy hat. We even practiced saying "Yee Haw". He had the yee and the haw separate, but not quite together. 




Wednesday-Pajama and Bubbles Day
Augie was a touch "off" on Wednesday morning. His eyes say it all, "I'm not feeling well Mama." True to my Mom's intuition I received a phone call that Augie was running a fever and had to be picked up early from daycare. We spent some afternoon/evening hours cuddling and watched some old "Doug" videos. (Andy's old Doug doll is Augie's new friend).





Thursday-Dress Your Best
Augie & I spent the day together. I work only 4 days per week. This was my day off for this week and good thing, because Augie still wasn't at 100%. Fever was gone, but we had more snuggle time, his 15 month Well Check visit (good timing-blog to come later with updates), and even more snuggle time. 

Friday-Super Hero/Character Day 
Being fever free for 24 hours, we were headed to school with high hopes that the Augieman would make it through the day. We, oddly, have no super hero clothes that fit Augie right now, SO we decided to dress him as one of his favorite Yo Gabba Gabba characters, Brobee. Luckily at daycare they made superhero capes for the kiddos and Augie sported his Green Lantern cape proudly. You can still tell, by his red, puffy eyes, that he's still not feeling quite himself. 



This week was really fun, even with a sick little guy. Dressing up all week, and opening up some new Hot Wheels, made the week go by quickly. Augie is nearing his first big graduation day(*tear*). In just over a week he will  transition to the "Tots" room. He's visited his new room once and had a blast. This coming week he will spend some good, quality time playing in his new stomping grounds, make some new friends and get to know his teachers. He's been very attached to his infant room teachers, Miss Deb and Miss Jen. This next Friday will be a rough day for us all, but with it will bring some new and exciting experiences for the Augieman.


He's getting big so fast. He's definitely a little toddler; curious, interested, creative, and yes, tantrum throwing...yet at the same time, he's still my little baby boy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roller Derby Shower!

This is me, Sinful Sally, on skates just over a year ago. My last bout, before hanging up my skates for retirement, was in August 2010.


This is me now...


Today was the roller derby shower, hosted by my derby chicks that I used to spend 2-4 nights a week and numerous weekends every month.  I miss seeing them so often. And after skating a bout last night and staying out late to party, they made the baby shower a day to remember. It was, over the top, fantastic and a blast.

We played lots of games:

The baby picture game...bring your baby picture and try to pick out who is who. The draw what the baby will look like...using a paper plate on top of your head. The diaper game...split into teams of three, take one roll of TP, create a diaper as fast as you can with the WHOLE roll.

The name that tune (title and artist) with 17 songs which have the name Baby or Babe in the title. 


Turbo Trixie made a boat load of phenomenal food (I should have taken pictures: artichoke dip, homemade pretzels, mea…

Going Gluten Free-Dairy Free

Over the past several weeks I've changed my diet drastically. The wee one is a gassy little man and as I have adjusted my diet, I've noticed things have changed for the better. There is a lot of information floating around about eliminating certain foods from your diet which can irritate babies digestive systems. The major players that can affect infants are dairy, wheat, soy, eggs, beans, broccoli, spinach, peanuts, and citrus fruits, among a few others. I have cut all of these out of my diet except for eggs. This means no cheese, greek yogurt and other good things that I love to eat....however I've noticed that with cutting these things out, not only is Augie's digestive system happy...so is mine. It's a win win. Of course I still miss eating a few of these things (specifically cheese, greek yo and peanut butter!), but I feel pretty good with the whole process. 
So, with undertaking this adventure we have embarked on some new dishes in the kitchen. We are still g…

I'm Pregnant-Don't Comment on My Weight

I am now 30 weeks pregnant with my second child. I'm excited...I'm over this pregnancy though. I'm sure several of you can relate. I now have an inquisitive, adventurous and busy 2.75 year old running around. It's been a hot summer. I hate the humidity. I'm glad we are only a few days away the official start of Fall. AND I'm ready to say F you to anyone else who feels it appropriate to comment on the additional weight I have gained during this pregnancy.

Before having Augie, I was in the best shape of my life. I exercised daily-vigorously. I ate healthy and cooked elaborate, fun meals. I had hobbies.


This pregnancy has been harder on my body and my brain. I started 10 lbs heavier, less fit, more sleep deprived and still searching to find a balance between being a Mom, maintaining a strong relationship with Andy and being the best in my work life as possible.

I've been to the Dr. plenty of times - Had plenty of ultrasounds - Had potential gall bladder pains/…