Skip to main content

Week of the Young Child

Week 4 into the back to work/daycare adventure and we are doing pretty well. I'm getting the hang of a loose morning routine and Augie is excelling at daycare. At the end of each day I get a sheet telling me when he napped, had diaper changes, ate (and how much), etc. The sheets also have an area for the child's disposition (i.e. fussy, happy, etc).  Up until last week nothing has been circled. I think everyone was still getting an idea of his personality. Last week Augie came home with three papers stating that he was cheerful! Awe...love it. I thoroughly enjoy having a smiley kiddo.

The past week was Week of the Young Child at the Ryan Jury Center and nationally. The theme: "Early Years are Learning Years." To celebrate the week each different day had it's own dress up theme, which not only did the kids participate, but the teachers did too. Here's a run down of the days:

Monday-Pajama Day



Tuesday-Team Day-We aren't so into sports teams, so Augie wore a "Daddy's Allstar" sleeper. No picture...sorry...there will never be a picture of Augie wearing this outfit, because it was the first outfit to ever be thrown away. Augie had a MAJOR blowout at daycare, successfully covering Miss Jen, who was "this close" to giving the guy a bath....haha.

Wednesday-Crazy Mismatch Day




Thursday-Dress up Clothes Day-I was off this day so Augie didn't "dress up"

Friday-Tie-Dye Shirt Day- We were asked to bring in a white onesie or shirt so the teachers could dye them the room's colors. Augie's room color was purple. I was being frugal and took a white polo onesie that we already had and had them dye that. Augie looked pretty cool in his purple get up.



One a side note, I think the Ryan Jury Center is fabulous. The teachers and administrative staff have been nothing but nice. There is a parents room, where I can feed the munchkin at lunch time. They have an open door policy for parents to come and go throughout the day. Mostly Augie is having fun...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roller Derby Shower!

This is me, Sinful Sally, on skates just over a year ago. My last bout, before hanging up my skates for retirement, was in August 2010.


This is me now...


Today was the roller derby shower, hosted by my derby chicks that I used to spend 2-4 nights a week and numerous weekends every month.  I miss seeing them so often. And after skating a bout last night and staying out late to party, they made the baby shower a day to remember. It was, over the top, fantastic and a blast.

We played lots of games:

The baby picture game...bring your baby picture and try to pick out who is who. The draw what the baby will look like...using a paper plate on top of your head. The diaper game...split into teams of three, take one roll of TP, create a diaper as fast as you can with the WHOLE roll.

The name that tune (title and artist) with 17 songs which have the name Baby or Babe in the title. 


Turbo Trixie made a boat load of phenomenal food (I should have taken pictures: artichoke dip, homemade pretzels, mea…

Going Gluten Free-Dairy Free

Over the past several weeks I've changed my diet drastically. The wee one is a gassy little man and as I have adjusted my diet, I've noticed things have changed for the better. There is a lot of information floating around about eliminating certain foods from your diet which can irritate babies digestive systems. The major players that can affect infants are dairy, wheat, soy, eggs, beans, broccoli, spinach, peanuts, and citrus fruits, among a few others. I have cut all of these out of my diet except for eggs. This means no cheese, greek yogurt and other good things that I love to eat....however I've noticed that with cutting these things out, not only is Augie's digestive system happy...so is mine. It's a win win. Of course I still miss eating a few of these things (specifically cheese, greek yo and peanut butter!), but I feel pretty good with the whole process. 
So, with undertaking this adventure we have embarked on some new dishes in the kitchen. We are still g…

I'm Pregnant-Don't Comment on My Weight

I am now 30 weeks pregnant with my second child. I'm excited...I'm over this pregnancy though. I'm sure several of you can relate. I now have an inquisitive, adventurous and busy 2.75 year old running around. It's been a hot summer. I hate the humidity. I'm glad we are only a few days away the official start of Fall. AND I'm ready to say F you to anyone else who feels it appropriate to comment on the additional weight I have gained during this pregnancy.

Before having Augie, I was in the best shape of my life. I exercised daily-vigorously. I ate healthy and cooked elaborate, fun meals. I had hobbies.


This pregnancy has been harder on my body and my brain. I started 10 lbs heavier, less fit, more sleep deprived and still searching to find a balance between being a Mom, maintaining a strong relationship with Andy and being the best in my work life as possible.

I've been to the Dr. plenty of times - Had plenty of ultrasounds - Had potential gall bladder pains/…