Skip to main content

Augie's First Trip to the Zoo

Yesterday we packed up the car and headed to Madison to the Henry Vilas Zoo. We love this zoo...it's just the right size, is very well maintained and has great animals. Unfortunately every time Andy & I go to Madison the weather seems to be rainy or windy...just downright unfavorable. We were nervous over the weekend, but kept watching the weather which showed the temps in the low 70s and sun. Lucky for all of us, it turned out to be a fantastic day! The weather was perfect!


This zoo stays busy all the time so we had a short 2 block walk through the surrounding neighborhood. When we arrived Augie was interested in EVERYTHING. We didn't expect much for his first time. We thought that maybe he'd be more interested in garbage cans and fence posts, but to our surprise he was amazed by certain animals, the trees and of course the people.


Augie really liked the Buffalo.


He also was very interested in the big fish. 



We packed snacks, took our time and stopped at Bluephies for a late lunch before heading home. One nice thing about Madison is they have a lot of options for folks with dietary restrictions. Bluephies had a really good selection of gluten free foods and I was able to find something to eat that was also dairy free! I had the turkey BLT with gluten free bread and a side of mashed potatoes. Andy had the cobb burger and a side of a squash and corn soup. It was all pretty yummy. 


We drove around the capital and made a stop at Brennan's Market to check out their craft beer selection. Andy came home with a nice mix and match six pack of beers that we can't get in Rockford. We can't wait for our next trip to Madison. Love that place. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy Weekend

I haven't posted anything since Saturday morning. The weekend was a blur. Saturday was our second baby shower. This one was hosted by my family for my family and some friends. I took a whopping 2 pictures...of Andy playing a game...My sister is sending me some pics and hopefully I'll have some from my Mom too...then I will post about the shower. In a nutshell it was wonderful. And I was completely exhausted after it was over. Sunday proved to be another exhausting day as my business, Curious Whatnots , had a booth at a local holiday market. Here are a few pics of the the set up for the day. We had a weird table that could be accessed from both sides so we had stuffs everywhere! I have two more shows scheduled right now, as I didn't want to overbook before the little guy arrives. Here's the upcoming schedule: Rockford Charity Market IV -Saturday, November 19th 10a-6p @ St. Rita's Wahl Hall (a portion of vendor sales will go to a charity of the

Augie's Birth Story

So it's taken me a while to sit down and write about this. We've been adjusting to lots of new daily adventures. And every minute of it has been a blast. I can say I have no complaints! Life as new parents is great and I can only see it getting better. We're adjusting to our different sleep schedule which is really helping our mental health...haha. Andy heads  back to work on Monday next week and I can say I really will miss all of the help that he has provided Augie and I over the past three weeks. He's an amazing husband and father. So here it goes- Sunday, the 15th, we slept in, ate left over pizza for lunch, celebrated birthdays at Andy's Grandma Jeanette's...I ate something like three different kinds of cake and ice cream (and I think I went back for a second round of sweets), hung out at my parents for a bit, then came home and ate macaroni and cheese, from a box. Not our usual day of fairly healthy eating, but that's what we had. After dinner

Our Year in Review

This has been a whirlwind of a year (year and a half). Back in October 2010 we moved to our new house and before we knew it 2011 was here. I started blogging in March to chronicle our adventures for friends and family and since " Starting Out " have written 112 posts with over 5300 views. To most people who blog regularly that's probably not very many, but to me it seems like a lot! Here is just a small SAMPLE of the year we've had: Started a business,  Curious Whatnots and shown as a vendor in 5 different craft shows .  Grown a garden!  Black Thumb No More Taken on several house projects Master Bedroom Closet Made/eaten a lot of food Belgian Onion Soup & Apple Tarte Tatin Brisket Braised in Stout Eggs & Wasabi mayo Tomato & Cheddar pie Asparagus & Goat Cheese Souffle Celebrated lots of holidays/birthdays T Birthday Dinner Mother's Day Announced we are expecting the  arrival of Captain Fuzzypants