Skip to main content

My Baby is ONE!

I can't believe it's happened. As of Wednesday, Augie is officially ONE! It's been a heck of a year. And honestly, it's flown by so fast.  Everyone says that they grow up quickly. I didn't really believe it, but now I do.

My little guy is less fat and chubby infant, and is looking more and more like a thinned out, super active toddler each day.

Augie a few days old
Augie at a few months
Augiepants at almost a year
I look back at the last published blog post. It's from 7 months. The last 5 months have been a whirl wind and so much has happened that I literally have had no time to sit down and type. I feel somewhat sad about that, but I do have 2 unpublished posts which are lacking pictures that I can look back at. We also have about a thousand an a half pictures and videos that we have taken throughout this past year.



Occasionally Andy & I sit down after Augie has gone to sleep, and we look at all the pics and videos. They make us smile and sometimes tear up...it's been a great journey so far. We both love the little guy tremendously.


Here's what's new on the Augie front:
  • WALKING!!!!
  • Hugging & kissing everything and everyone
Giving kisses to GG
  • Saying "Ba Ba" (bye bye)
  • Dancing-ska, reggae, dubstep or a random commercial jingle-this guy knows how to shimmy..it might be subtle OR it might be a full on dance party...but he knows how to groove...hehe
  • Becoming more curious every day



Augie has 8 teeth now. We think he may have another one coming in...it could be a molar. The teething process has not been easy. Many people said that teething gets easier after the first tooth. This has not been our experience. Augie is very sensitive to his teeth coming through and I don't see that changing any time soon.


We've hit the 20 lb mark! I don't know how tall he is but we'll find out at his one year well check in about week.

We've pretty much shied away from spoon feeding. Augie really enjoys table food and that's where we are headed anyway. I'm not sure table food always likes Augie though.  We are still working on our issues with Augie's diet. We made it one year nursing, which was my goal. We've slowed down and started to wean and have introduced goat milk and soy milk, which he really enjoys. He's virtually done using a bottle at daycare. We tried to re-introduce some dairy and even some gluten/wheat, but we've had some really bad gassy nights and sleep still eludes us. Augie wakes up screaming in pain due to the gas, so we are cutting it all out again and will re-introduce a little more slowly...maybe we went a little too gung ho.


As I type my men are sleeping (soon to wake I'm sure) and I'm getting ready to put the finishing touches on Augie's birthday party, which is today. I can't wait to post pictures from Augie's Monster Bash! I'll probably need a nap later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy Weekend

I haven't posted anything since Saturday morning. The weekend was a blur. Saturday was our second baby shower. This one was hosted by my family for my family and some friends. I took a whopping 2 pictures...of Andy playing a game...My sister is sending me some pics and hopefully I'll have some from my Mom too...then I will post about the shower. In a nutshell it was wonderful. And I was completely exhausted after it was over. Sunday proved to be another exhausting day as my business, Curious Whatnots , had a booth at a local holiday market. Here are a few pics of the the set up for the day. We had a weird table that could be accessed from both sides so we had stuffs everywhere! I have two more shows scheduled right now, as I didn't want to overbook before the little guy arrives. Here's the upcoming schedule: Rockford Charity Market IV -Saturday, November 19th 10a-6p @ St. Rita's Wahl Hall (a portion of vendor sales will go to a charity of the

Our New Arrival: Meet August Andrew Eikstadt

Well it's been over a week since you've seen a post from me and most of you know that it's because we've been busy, busy, busy with our new arrival!!!! August Andrew Eikstadt was born on Monday January 16, 2012 at 12:57pm. Some of you have already heard me say this but here it is again: he was 7lbs 12oz and 20 inches of perfect. And seriously, I'm not lying. He's perfect. It's amazing to think that this little dude made his home inside of me for almost 10 months. He was born when I was 39 weeks 3days...just shy of his due date of 1/20/12. Yesterday he was a week old. it made me tear up a little to think how much he has already grown and changed since his birth day. We brought him home just last Wednesday, after a big snow storm moved through on Tuesday. Augie did great on the car ride home and has already had his first outing to the Dr., in which he was a champ for the appt (which just so happened to be another day with

Augie's Birth Story

So it's taken me a while to sit down and write about this. We've been adjusting to lots of new daily adventures. And every minute of it has been a blast. I can say I have no complaints! Life as new parents is great and I can only see it getting better. We're adjusting to our different sleep schedule which is really helping our mental health...haha. Andy heads  back to work on Monday next week and I can say I really will miss all of the help that he has provided Augie and I over the past three weeks. He's an amazing husband and father. So here it goes- Sunday, the 15th, we slept in, ate left over pizza for lunch, celebrated birthdays at Andy's Grandma Jeanette's...I ate something like three different kinds of cake and ice cream (and I think I went back for a second round of sweets), hung out at my parents for a bit, then came home and ate macaroni and cheese, from a box. Not our usual day of fairly healthy eating, but that's what we had. After dinner